Saturday, July 3, 2010

Larned, KS to Nickeron, KS

We began today with our St. Louis friend Mike at a local coffee shop. We read Eccl 3 together and chatted about our ride thus far. We said our goodbyes and were on the rode t 9:15 for what may be our most challenging day yet...rain and thunderstorms. God kept the storms away but we got hit with a lot of rain...three good spells over 60 miles. Actually Jeff biked 70 miles because he lost a shoe and had to back-track to find it. After the first hard rain I took my socks and shoes off, tied them to my bike to dry and continued to bike with my Keen riding sandals. After 11-12 miles I looked back and one shoe was missing. Aaahhh....

But God had a silver lining...because when we arrived, Kevin was sharing our journey with some guys at the local mini-mart when he asked to be excused to find a church to stay at tonight and one guys says, "My son-in-law is a deacon at the local Baptist church, I call him for you." We met both Troy Coon and also the pastor Mike McLemore, who welcomed us for the night. In fact, Troy and his wife Denise brought us food to the church. What awesome folks. After a hot shower tonight we will continue to read in the Gospels. 60 miles, full stomachs and a dry place to sleep...priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment